After my previous post about accessing YouTube, I have found another way to access YouTube using Mozilla Firefox, however it didn't worked for me on Chrome, but that's not a problem since Firefox is equally used as Chrome, and almost everyone has already one installed on their system. Right?
Even though this trick is not as useful as the VPN Book trick but there are a lot of people who don't like Proxies or any VPNs so this for them :)
So the trick is really simple, You don't need to download anything, neither you need to set-up any VPN, all you need to do is change your DNS to Google DNS and enjoy browsing YouTube in Mozilla Firefox, that's it :)
Also check: How To Unblock YouTube: The Ultimate Guide!
Okay, Let me show you how to do this:
1. Go to your Desktop and double-click on the connection icon
2. Click on Properties button
3. Scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties button
4. Now Leave the IP address as it is, just come to the DNS section and select Use the following DNS server addresses
Enter the Google DNS addresses in the input boxes:
Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
5. Close all the connection dialogs
6. Now again come back to the Desktop, right-click on the network icon and select Repair to clear the previous DNS addresses from the cache to make sure the new changes take effect immediately.
That's it, New DNS has been successfully configured, however Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users need to follow some more steps to make the new DNS servers work.
Additional steps for Windows Vista, 7, and 8 Users
7. Press Windows + R to open Run or just simply find it in the Start Menu
enter the command cmd to open Command Prompt
8. In the Command Prompt type this command:
It will clear the previous DNS address from the cache and make the newer ones work.
Now open Firefox and type https://youtube.com
Make sure you type https instead of http
Here is the preview of how it looks like: